Do you drop off or pick up your student from Park Ave. Elementary school? Click on the link in the top menu bar to see the changes to procedures.
The AMSD and Curative still have free COVID Testing available at Fred Cook Stadium. Check out the attached flyer for more information.
Just a reminder that we our partners from Curative are available to help with COVID testing at Fred Cook Stadium.
Important update on COVID testing for this week.
AMSD has partnered with Curative to provide another COVID testing site in Aztec. We will offer testing at Fred Cook Stadium.
To sign up simply follow this link: https://curative.com/sites/31691
We hope this helps our community to have an additional and local testing option.
Please do not forget that facemasks are required for all individuals in school buildings starting Friday, August 20.
Helping Our Students with Art Supplies.....
Would you be willing to donate to our art classroom?
Here are several ways to help:
(1) Check out our Amazon Wish List by clicking on the link: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/92F899VAJQ3E?ref_=wl_share
Purchase items from the wish list and have them delivered to Park Ave through Prime Shipping (you can also ship to your home and bring the items to our school).
(2) Purchase art products locally and bring them to our school.
(3) Donate art supplies you have at home.
(4) Donate gift cards to the school to purchase art supplies.
Thank you for helping our students!
Amazon Prime direct ship to school address:
Park Avenue Elementary School,
Attn: Jamie Bridges,
507 S. Park Ave.,
Aztec, NM 87410
Regarding Chromebooks, if your child needs one, please have them stop in the office. Please know that we have ordered more chargers and will distribute them as soon as they arrive. Until then, students may use a charger in their classroom during the day.
Regarding masks: as per New Mexico guidelines, all individuals in elementary schools (regardless of vaccination status) are required to wear a mask while in the school building; on school transportation; at an indoor school-sponsored event.
Masks must completely cover the nose and mouth, and cannot have ventilation holes. If you or your child do not have a mask, we are happy to provide you with one in the office. If you are coming into the office, please wear a mask, sign in, and fill out a visitor badge if you are moving beyond the office. Outside, at recess, and during lunch, students may remove their masks.
It is our intention to keep all of our students in school, and safely. We have had great success with students being responsible with mask-wearing, and we appreciate your support with this.
It is important to share that if students refuse to comply with the mask requirements, we will first give two verbal warnings and always provide masks to them. Upon the third verbal warning, we will call home and meet with the student. Upon the fourth violation, we will require the student to check in with the office each morning to ensure mask compliance; a fifth violation will result in a parent and principal meeting.
We recognize that it can be uncomfortable to wear a mask all day, and our teachers are working hard to provide as many mask breaks as possible outside, in addition to three recesses outside, as well as outside instruction when possible.
There is an online schooling option for students who cannot wear masks.
Message from the Principal ~ Welcome to a new school year! I am excited to be with you, and would like to share some important information. Our superintendent's mission for us is to ensure that students and staff are safe, inspired and fulfilled, and we are ready to make this a wonderful year for your children. Have a great week!
Sincerely ~ Jenny McKenna
Breakfast & Lunch:
* All students may eat free of charge for breakfast and lunch.
* Students may eat inside the cafeteria, socially-distanced.
* If your child has not yet picked a Chromebook, please come into the office so that you can pay the $15 and fill out a technology form. Scholarships are available to cover the $15.
Drop-Off & Pick-Up:
* Please utilize the crosswalk if you are parking across the street: you can walk over to meet your child, so that your child does not cross between cars.
* If you are waiting in the pick-up line, please move up as the other cars move up.
* Please do not stop or park in the crosswalk. Thanks!
* ALL students, staff, parents and visitors must wear a mask inside our building.
* Students may remove their masks when outside, or while eating/drinking.
* If your child exhibits Covid-like symptoms, they will be referred to our nurse; they may need to go home, and quarantine for 10 days, or take a Covid test and receive a negative result in order to return to school.
Check out the AMSD School Board's July Newsletter.
Thank you all for the feedback on our school calendar and the changes we can make to better support our students and staff.
Below is a brief infographic that highlights the results from our survey.
We will release an updated calendar reflecting the information below soon.